I decided late the night before that since jetlag was waking me up at 4am I might as well walk down to where the tours depart and see what I could get.
Let’s go on a TOUR! Here’s the itinerary from celtictours.ie and their Boyne Valley trip:
1) Stand where the High Kings of Ireland were inaugurated at the sacred site of The Hill Of Tara which means, ‘Sanctuary Of The Kings’ the spiritual center of The Boyne Valley.
2) Visit the Loughcrew Passage Tomb and the Family Church of Sait Oliver Plunkett.
3) Walk through the Anglo-Norman Trim Castle and one of the locations for the film Braveheart.
4) See the ruins of the (spooky) Jumping Church of Kildemock.
5) Stop at Monasterboice where Ireland’s oldest Celtic High Crosses and 2nd tallest Round Tower stand.
6) A photo stop at the home of The Earl Of Mount Charles, ‘Slane Castle’ and pass through the village of Slane and the houses of the four sisters.
7) 1hr walking tour of the historical town of Drogheda and some free time to explore the shops and stalls.